Friday, April 1, 2011

one week down...

one week to go... ugh.

i'm in South Carolina with my new job. they sent me here to train...for 2 whole weeks!!! 2. whole. weeks. double ugh!!

Highlights and Lowlights of the trip so far.
Lowlights:

1 . I miss my baby....TERRIBLY!!

2. I miss my husband...TERRIBLY!

3. The training proctor is SO getting on my nerves. (Don't they all?!) I'm not sure he's cracked much more than a slight smile even twice.

4. I spent the first week without any computer access. (there's not even a computer center/business center in the hotel!) Sad, I know, but we're so connected with the world via internet, that it's been rough!

5. I only have about 4 decent television channels...thank goodness TLC is one of them, but I hate to say it's not as good as HGTV would have been.

6. There's no fitness center in the hotel.

7. We have 1 car to share.

8. I'm pregnant (yes, a blessing) and can't drink at least one cocktail to get me through some of this pain!

9. I'm missing my brother's 30th birthday party :-( it's sure to be a blast!! I moved to Shreveport so I wouldn't miss this kind of fun! ugh

10. I'm stuck at this training 5 days a week with 3 guys and that's it. Just me and 3 guys I didn't know until now. Kinda awkward, but kinda in my favor...

Because the #1 highlight is that we were supposed to share rooms., but I got lucky and don't have to since there are no other girls! No, not your regular hotel room, but a suite. you know, 2 separate bedrooms each with their own bathroom, but a shared living/kitchen space. Still, it's sharing a room with a perfect stranger! SO, lucky me! I have a room all to myself! Sadly, this "room" is larger than the "Smith Suites" my family and I have been living in for the last 3 months! and I'm all alone!

Here's my home away from home.

the "shared living space"

it even has a washer & dryer in the room!!


2. My sweet husband and mom sent me our laptop per my request and it just arrived today!! So, now i'm connected, can blog, and can even catch up on some TV I've missed over the last few months!! Cheap/free entertainment!! Yippee!!


3. We have access to a gym...it's just about 2-3 miles down the road.


4. We just have 1 more week!!!


I cannot WAIT to get back to my family!!! I'm praying this weekend and next week fly by!!

1 comment:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Bless you heart - hang in there! Awesome suite though. =)