Monday, April 18, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane...

Again...

I don't know how folks who travel regularly with work do it! I'm headed out this afternoon to Atlanta for more training for work. (I should be SO well trained by the end of all of this!) and again, I'm SO sad to leave! Leaving my daughter and husband (and doggie) is hard!! Secretly, I should be excited because I will hopefully have a few low key days in a hotel room & training room to relax without all the other responsibilities that come with everyday life at home/work. And I am secretly a little excited...a teeny, tiny bit excited. Because I'm exhausted!!

We moved into our beautiful new house this weekend!!! It has been a whirlwind of a move (even though I didn't "move" anything since I had to work and am pregnant). My mom was SO much help to me I can't thank her enough! My patience was thin all weekend, hers...it was immense! I don't handle moves well. Mostly because I'm a perfectionist. I want it all moved, everything put in it's proper place and I want it to go smoothly and seamlessly. Yep, I know, that's asking a WHOLE lot for a move! How many moves ever go exactly as planned?!? Needless to say, it's not perfect yet...surprise, surprise, right? ;-)

Really, our move went well. I can't say enough about my husband and his ability to just buckle down and do things. He and a few guys moved all of our stuff in just about 1 day. AND without one ounce of complaint. He's SO patient and laid back it kills me! Really, that's where all my stress comes from. I know, it makes NO sense...but it does to me and I'm not going to waste your reading time explaining! :-)

Anyway, credit to my mom and husband! My mom spent all day with me on Saturday and part of the day on Sunday helping us clean and unpack! She's a work horse! and Justin...he's a patient, hard-working man (when he wants to be, of course! - and he was this weekend!).

We did take a few breaks over the weekend to have some fun...not that a new house isn't fun (cause it IS!!! I LOVE OUR NEW HOUSE!!). We headed to some friends house on Saturday night for a crawfish boil and then to Palm Sunday service Sunday morning. Both were a lot of fun and between the 2 days, I've never seen Ruby Belle have such a blast! I'll post more on these when I return!

Either way, the weekend is over, I'm totally exhausted, we're "kinda" unpacked, I'm packed and ready (with my heels in the ground) to head to Atlanta after work today and will return to more unpacking late, late Thursday night. Hopefully, I'll be recharged on Friday morning to get started!

No comments: