Saturday, March 10, 2012

kinda random

If I was a stay-at-home mom a few things would happen:


1.  I'd be on Pinterest ALL DAY LONG...we all know it's got every sort of inspiration you need...but for me, it's SO addicting that it's hard to channel that inspiration into actually doing something sometimes!
2.  I'd try to be a photographer...try.
3.  I'd spend WAY too much money between internet shopping, Target runs, and little fun places around town!
4.  I'd have my house totally finally decorated...and would probably be broke because of it.
5.  I'd cook, bake and eat A LOT. (mostly thanks to Pinterest...because I did not cook before I meet Pinterest!)
6.  I'd work out every day...to help make up for #4.
7.  and I'd do a lot of yoga.
8.  oh, and I may go crazy.  (really, I dream of being a stay at home mom, but don't think I'd stay sane!  To you stay at home moms out there...you are my heroes!)

...and all of this means I may not pay enough attention to my kids if I was at home.

So, instead I try to cherish every moment I have at home with them.  Now, yes, my parents want to babysit ALL the time, so I usually let them.  AND this takes away from my time w/the kids, but it also helps keep all relationships healthy and my sanity in check. My kids benefit from the relationship they're forming with my parents, Justin and I have a little more "kid free" time to try to "keep the spark" alive with date nights, conversations without kids interrupting, etc., and we have time to actually get a few things done around the house!!  Really it's the best of both worlds...even though there's never enough time in the day for everything!!
Because I LOVE LOVE LOVE these kids!!


But, back to Pinterest.  I want to do SO many of the DIY things I see on there and read up on all the "99 things to do with toddlers," and plan parties, and the list goes on.  BUT instead, I've only thought about doing those things and have instead started trying my hand at cooking.  I really don't cook much, but thanks to a simple life, I have spent the last few weekends trying out recipes.  These have been 2 of my husband's favorites.

Barbacoa Beef - not as easy as some of those super easy crock pot recipes, but nonetheless, it IS a crock pot recipe, so you put it all in and while you do the endless loads of laundry, dinner's simmering (and ready WAY before laundry's done!).  It's a little spicy. just FYI.

2011-01-30-Barbacoa.jpg

Louisiana Crawfish Casserole - one of the easiest things I've ever made...and really really good! 
Louisiana Crawfish Casserole. Photo by gailanng

Skinny Beer-garitas - my mouth is watering over these, although I haven't made them.  and almost doubt they are as good as they sound???  One day I'll get around to it!
2

No comments: