Tuesday, May 5, 2009

IT'S OFFICIAL...!!!!

well, as official as it can get until SHE pops out!!! yep, IT'S a GIRL!!!!
we're super excited...well, mostly.
  • i wanted a girl at first - thought i'd know more of what i was doing if i got to try my mothering skills out on a girl first
  • then a old pt of mine at the hospital who i hadn't seen in 9 months or so told me she dreamed i was having a girl (she didn't even know i was preggo at the time)
  • decided i was having a boy and i would love it - cause i hear boys LOVE their mommies, and besides...i could have more "me" time by sending him off to bond and do boy things w/his daddy if i was ever tired (is that bad to be excited about??)
  • couldn't think of any boy names and could think of millions of girls, so i thought i was doomed in naming my handsome man
  • dreamed i was having a girl 2 days before my ultrasound
  • still convinced i was having a boy...shocked when she said "it's a girl!!!"

..so?! that's my boy/girl story.

Daddy's story is a little different. see, justin told me all along that he didn't care what it was. even went as far as saying that if it was a girl he'd love it cause he "could learn a lot from a girl!" (i should have known he was lying then!) but, today when we left the MD office he got kinda quiet and said, "well, i didn't think i would be, but i guess i'm a little disappointed. i was looking forward to throwing the ball and going kayaking w/my boy" awww....it was kinda sad. but he's okay now...as long as we have a boy next!!! yep, those were his words....already thinking about baby #2 and #1 isn't here!

little does he know #1's gonna be wrapped around her daddy's finger!!

my mom is, of course, excited.

my dad...well, went like this:

Me: Hi dad! just called to tell you..."You're gonna have a granddaughter!!!

Dad: "awwww, man!"

(nice huh?!)

Ty (my brother): when i told him what dad said..."well, guess you know what his reaction was when he found out he was having you!!! :)

even nicer! :) good thing i know my family loves me!

ok, well, now on to baby naming!! i've been looking forward to this for like 10 yrs!!! (really, i have some weird obsession w/names...boys, girls, dogs, fish...whatever!)

oh, and almost forgot! our sweet little girl is looking good...measuring right along w/her due date and all is well and healthy as far as we can tell! God is so good!!!

6 comments:

Jared & Jill Marley said...

Yea! So excited for you guys...Justin has no idea what he's in for.:) Can't wait to hear all your names! I loved that part too! We need another belly shot too! Your poppin' out these days...

mary_marshall said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so excited! We HAVE to get our girls together sometime. What fun! Glad to hear she's healthy & everything is looking great. Congratulations!

LZ said...

Congrats! How exciting! And I love the idea of of the naming part, it will be so fun to hear what you guys end up picking!

Sarah said...

How exciting Mandy! It's so much more exciting once you know and you can buy stuff and get the room together! What a fun time. It'll go by so fast from here!

Stephanie Jordan said...

I died when I heard what Butch said! What the guys need to realize is you can still throw a ball and kayak with a girl! You just might have to play with dolls occasionally, too.

Congrats! I'm excited she's a girl!

Mandy S said...

:) thanks for all the comments!! we're SO excited...well, i am cause now we can focus on names and nursery! justin however is hating me right now cause i have 3 naming books in front of him and i'm making him look! Ha! i'm trying to get him to give me some ideas...i want to narrow the name choice down so we can "sleep on it" for a few months! (he, of course, doesn't get it!)

mary marshall - we DO need to get our little girls together one day! they will be SO close in age! we can have a little mini-reunion!

steph - we can always count on butch for the sweet & sensitive comments...gotta love it! and it appears my husband doesn't get that girls are fun, too :) he'll find out soon enough!