Friday, May 22, 2009

22 week appt

well, this was my first visit w/my MD after my ultrasound. so i was excited and nervous to see what he had to say...what his professional opinion was after seeing the zillion pics (i had no idea they take pics and measurements of everything from the collar bone to the pelvic bone!) they took of our sweet girl. so, he walks in and says, "so everything looked good on your ultrasound,..but we need to talk about one problem." WHAT?! uh-oh...i braced myself. and he was silent, so i finally said, and what is the problem?! so, come to find out, i have a "low-lying placenta." this is apparently pretty common this early on, but i will be having another ultrasound at 30 week to see what it looks like then. if it doesn't correct itself by then, then i will have no choice but a c-section. and i really, really don't want to plan for a c-section. really, i don't want a c-section at all...unless of course i will be putting the baby at risk. i was really hoping to have this baby w/o many (if any) drugs and w/o an epidural. so, MUCH different than a planned c-section! so, in the meantime, i'm praying that this placenta will move on up away from my cervix...

2 comments:

mary_marshall said...

I have the low-lying placenta too! I found out on Thursday if it's moved at all. A friend of mine had that too & it corrected itself by the 28 wk-30 wk mark, so I'm not worried about it right now & you shouldn't either! :-) Congrats on all the other great news though!

mary_marshall said...

I mean I FIND out on Thursday if it's moved at all. I'll keep you posted!