Sunday, April 1, 2012

De-lish!!!

Somehow I've gotten into the habit of cooking every Sunday afternoon.  I dream of napping and catching up on some seriously missed shut eye, but instead I remember how hard it is to sneak a nap in with 2 little ones and I decide to cook instead.  I almost always make some baby food for Beckett for the week (lately it's mac n' cheese with LOTS of veggies added and pureed...YUM-O, right?!), then I usually cook dinner or maybe even 2 if I want to have "leftovers" for the week.  This is as good as it gets around here right now, kids!  Ha!  one day I'll think of maybe cooking during the week!  I think Beckett will require it...he already likes those nasty Gerber "dinners" that consist of turkey and noodles or beef and veggies...barf.  He's a boy!  Already likes his meat and potatoes!  Ruby Belle on the other hand is content with cereal, mac n' cheese, noodles, hard boiled eggs, fruit and sweets of course!  Um...not exactly the poster child for the dietitian mom! 

Anyway, tonight I made this lovely dish.  

I found it on Pinterest (via a repin from Kaity Whitman at the Photo Love Photography, an AH-MAZING photographer!)...but you must check out the blog by Lindsey where the recipe was found!  Such a fun blog!  and great recipes!  This particular dish (Healthy Mexican Sweet Potato Skins) was, in my mind, very fun and scrumptious!  Mine didn't turn out as pretty as the pic, but how often does that happen anyway?  I must learn to cook sweet potatoes better to make "skins" out of.  And there was A LOT of filling that wouldn't fit in the skins left over.  This will make a great dip with chips!  Taste tests results:  My husband thought it was "interesting." And my parents, who made it over just in time (they were dropping off the kids), had mixed results: my mom liked it and took some of the filling home, and my dad wouldn't touch it ("too much green stuff").  In the end, I think most women would like it!  It's a little sweet and a little salty and a little spicy!!!  Perfection!!!

And I also made this salsa!  I should have been making my own salsa from the beginning (I'm a huge fan of On the Border salsa).  SO easy to make!  and tastes SO fresh!  This recipe was also a Pinterest find via  Mountain Mama Cooks.  I haven't checked out their blog much, but have seen a few recipes on Pinterest from there.

So, now a I have a fridge with a little something in it to start the week...It may be chips and dip for dinner for me all week!!!  Fine by me!! 

No comments: