Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Last and Final name list - promise!!!

so, we've been going round and round at my house over the last several weeks about names. I, of course, wanted a name about 2 months ago...but we just can't agree. I thought we came to an agreement about a week ago, but after sleeping on it for a few nights, I wasn't satisfied. i'd compromised too much and it just wasn't a name I really wanted. So, we're at a stalemate. and I'm sticking to my guns. This may sound harsh, but he's my baby, too and i'm the one who's been carrying him for 8 months and will give birth to the sweet nameless boy! My husband laughs when I claim I get most of the naming rights because of this, but really?! Men just don't get it! I haven't had a horribly awful, hard pregnancy, but really ladies, even the "easy" pregnancies aren't THAT easy! They are fun (at least i think so), but they come w/ups and downs. I would have to say the ups outweigh the downs, but you know I'm gonna pull the "I'm-carrying-and-giving-birth-to-this-big-hairy-baby" card as much as I can! Needless to say, it's not working. So, here's where we stand on names:

1. I'm not going to be the only one who compromises.
2. I want us to both be happy. (this may be impossible)
3. But, I'm not naming my baby something that I'm not in love with.

so, here are my top 5 (and only 5 at the moment) choices that I've made known to my husband.
(in order of most liked to least) Y'all may think I'm crazy, but how can you NOT like at least one of these!?!

1. Rhett (what a great one, huh?! sounds great w/Ruby Belle and it's a southern classic, manly yet gentlemanly name!!)
2. Reid (kinda popular, but I like it w/Ruby Belle)
3. Sutton (sounds good w/Smith and not too popular)
4. Beckett (like it, but he only wants to use Beck. he doesn't like to name the baby something and then call them by a nickname - i.e., Beckett = Beck. WHATEVER! Justin is SO weird and hard-headed!)
5. Lewis Payton (both of our mom's maiden names)

I did tell him he was welcome to continue to come up w/names and maybe he'll find one I like, but for now, he needed to sleep on my list. I also told him he could choose the middle name, except for on #5 (I SO did not want to give up this right, but would rather do this than have a first name I don't like)

So, we'll see. I'm going to put more pressure on soon. I mean, how's a girl to finish preparing for a baby w/out at least SOME monogramming!! we NEED A NAME!!!

2 comments:

Stephanie Jordan said...

We need a name in a bad way! But it's more important to have a name you love than one you're just OK with. Not settling! :)

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Ooh, you're so close! I love all the final picks... I think doing your mom's middle names is sweet, but I also like Rhett. I watched Gone with the Wind last night, so that might be why. =) But it does sound sweet with Ruby Belle. So exciting. Let us know what you pick!!