Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A big, hairy baby!!

now doesn't that sound cute and sweet?!

Don't answer. let me explain.

Over the last week I've been not feeling well. first, Ruby Belle was sick a bit over Memorial Day weekend. just a touch of a stomach bug. then I caught it. and then the heartburn set in. a friend described it as "liquid fire"... and she's right! and it won't go away. Tums are a new staple in my purse. But, the old wives tale (and lots of my friends) says that heartburn = a baby with a full head of hair! So, I went to the doctor yesterday for a check up and ultrasound on baby boy and the ultrasound tech said she thought she saw a good amount of hair! maybe I'll prove the old wives tales to be true!!

As another note from the ultrasound tech, I have a big baby! yep, he's measuring in the 86th percentile! and 10 days ahead of schedule! eek! Eek! EEK!!

good news is, he was breech and now he's head down!!! i'll take heartburn and a bigger baby (as long as he's not TOO big) to know that he's head down and not a guaranteed c-section. c-sections terrify me. I know they're done every day, but still...scares me! so, hopefully, this baby boy won't be TOO big!

he sure is cute though...here's a pic from the outside and inside!

5 comments:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Hilarious title and he looks so cute in his little ultrasound photo! Glad he is heads down. =)

mary_marshall said...

The old wive's tale is true! At least it was for me. I had terrible heartburn & Harper had a full head of hair when she came out. You look adorable! I'm finally catching up with my blog reading. :-)

Mandy S said...

mary marshall!!!! where have you been!?! you made it to a year on your blog and then that was it! i miss reading about sweet Harper and y'all!! how are you?!

thanks, meryl!! isn't it funny how we think all babies seem to look so cute/weird in their 4-D pics!?!

Sarah said...

I did actually read a Johns Hopkins study that did link heartburn and amount of hair. They do appear to be correlated. :) They actually started out trying to disprove Old Wives' Tales, but found out that that one was true. I think those 4D pictures are so cool! And I can't wait to hear what name y'all are going to pick!

Mandy S said...

really?! a proven study?! good to know! we'll see if I am part of the statistics :-) the heartburn isn't as bad this week...comes and goes instead of constant!
i'll keep you updated on names...gonna post one more post on it! ;-)