Saturday, August 1, 2009

the countdown is on!!!

...well, it has been really for the last 9 months, but who's counting?! i'm getting so excited and my belly is getting bigger by the day. it's really a good thing that for whatever reason, i'm a more emotionally stable person when i'm pregnant (so far at least). people have really be thinking they can say whatever they want these days. for instance, there's this man at the gym...i'd say he's about 65. well, a few weeks ago he told me he was thinking about getting on the bikes i was riding, but decided against it b/c he'd noticed i just keep getting bigger. well, that was so clever and sweet. so, today, he comes in, walks past me on the treadmill and says "hey, Chubby, how's it going?" CHUBBY?! he called me chubby! nice...and tactful. it's a good thing i can laugh about it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Mandy, the first JVP that I met at Bonefish walked up and introduced himself, looked at my belly (at like 15 weeks?), and says, "did someone forget to do their crunches today?" I, literally, rolled my eyes and walked of.

Mandy S said...

wow! really?! such couth! give me a break! i would have thought about punching him, then rolled my eyes and walked off.

Stephanie Jordan said...

Chubby? You're pretty much the smallest pregnant person I've ever seen. When the day comes, I will probably start out looking like this!

Mandy S said...

oh, steph, i don't think so!! you'll be a super cute pregnant girl! :)