Saturday, February 14, 2009

"trying"

Jan 13th, 2009

funny story...

i've been trying to talk my husband into having a baby for over 6 months. first he said we could start trying in 5 yrs.!!! 5 YEARS!!! i'll be "OLD!" so I talk him into 3 yrs, then eventually into 1.5 yrs. i thought that was as good as it would get and that was better than 5 yrs (and he did have good reasons for waiting...i.e., stable in his job, etc) so i left it at that. then one day...a few months later, he came home and said, "honey, i'm ready for a baby." WHAT?!? REALLY?!? yippee! i was so happy, but wanted to wait and start "trying" until after my upcoming trip to Vegas in January and we decided to go ahead and have my MRI and possible hip surgery first. (running injury that has me feeling like an 80 yr old woman at times) so, i scheduled my MRI so i could get it over with and move on w/making a family. i was for sure, though that it would take me quite some time to actually get pregnant, so sometime in December (we'll call our baby a Christmas baby!) i told him it was cool to throw caution to the wayside. a month later i had a regular OB/GYN appt. they made me take a pregnancy test while i was there b/c i was already a day or 2 late. (totally normal for me) it was negative...surprise, surprise. so...by the time 5-6 days late rolled around i decided to take another. it was initially negative so i hopped in the shower (w/o waiting the 3 min you're supposed to wait before reading the "result"). i was kinda disappointed, but knew still that this was best b/c i had a Vegas trip coming up that i wanted to enjoy it to the fullest (meaning w/a glass of wine or 2!...and w/o morning sickness) and an MRI w/possible surgery on the forfront. so, i picked up the test just to read the "negative" one more time and chunk it in the trash, when i had to do a double take! and my stomach fell out of my body...it was "POSITIVE!?" right?! did i read it right?! yep!! really...so i woke my husband at 5:45 that morning to share the good news! poor guy got woken up EARLY!! and he was surprised and shocked! (in a good way) we are so excited!!! his first question was "when can i tell people?" so...

No comments: