Saturday, February 14, 2009

Telling people

so..."when can i tell people?" he asks...


you see, i'm kinda open...wear my heart on my sleeve. BUT, when people say you're not supposed to tell until your through your first trimester...that kinda leaves you in this state of limbo. it's weird. you're SO excited, but if you start telling then people are going to say "why are you telling people already?" so, i stayed true to myself and told at least a few people...my family and his. well, that only stuck for about a few hours b/c my dad (who is a male, i must remember) immediately told those who were around him when i called. he was a swim practice and i didn't think to tell him NOT to tell anyone b/c i didn't think he would. needless to say, i got a call from my mom a few hours later saying that she'd been getting calls and texts from friends who had heard i was pregnant from their kids while at swim practice! :) how could i be mad at that?! my dad was so excited that he had to tell! truly it made me smile b/c i knew he was excited! so, i kinda let it trickle out to those who are closest to me over the next few weeks. i figure...as long as i feel comfortable telling them if something (heaven forbid) bad happen, then i can tell them the good news! also, i figured the more people i have praying for us, the better, right?!



and i must say, why not enjoy all the attention for at least 8 months?! let your friends and family enjoy w/you and pray for you!

No comments: