Sunday, November 23, 2008

the holidays are quickly approaching!


it's that time...yep, time to give thanks! so, what are you thankful for?!
that's always the question that comes to mind when i start thinking about thanksgiving dinner. my in-laws (mother, father, sister, brother and their 2 kids) are coming down to stay w/us for the holiday. i'm excited...even though we're gonna have a house full! they will all be here Wed, Thurs nights and then justin's parents are headed back to Branson and taking the kids w/them. so, Fri and Sat night we'll just have justin's brother and sister-in-law here. it's gonna be fun! we hardly ever see his brother and sister-in-law and we've never see their newest addition, little 9 1/2 month old Mallory!! so, we're excited. not sure what we're going to do to entertain on Friday and Saturday, so if anyone has any ideas, please share!! also, it will be my first time "hosting" Thanksgiving dinner. and i'm not a cook. i informed my husband that i was not committing to cooking either (i didn't want to embarrass myself and ruin the dinner!). i'm so busy w/work and have not much experience so, i'm sure w/all the women and men here it will get done. Good thing Justin is a good cook! anyway, i'm looking forward to a few days off work and some family time!
hope everyone has something to be thankful for! :)

2 comments:

LZ said...

Just thought I would say hi to you on here! Corey tagged me of course so I went ahead and followed the tag. :) I like the new hair cut (are you still seeing Angela??) :) Have a great thanksgiving!!!
~your old roomie!!

Mandy S said...

ha! no, not angela anymore :) but thanks for the compliment...i'm still getting used to my new hair...even though it's not much different, i feel like it is :)
hope you had a great thanksgiving! hope you don't mind, but i'm about get on your blog...will add you to my friends if that's okay, old roomie :)