Tuesday, November 4, 2008

fasting...

so, i started a fast. long story short, a group of ladies i used to work w/told me they were fasting b/c one of the ladies' sister's just found out she has end stage rectal cancer. she's 42 and has 3 teenagers...breaks my heart. so, they decided to do a fast and i joined them. we're doing the "david fast." it's a 21 day fast. and it's the first time i've ever fasted and really now, on day 4 it's getting better...but i still want candy, and cheese, and meat..and...yep. lots of praying for me cause i'm dying not having my sugar fix (every hour)!! so, anyway, any prayers would be great for our fast and for our friend's sister.

3 comments:

Jared & Jill Marley said...

So proud of you Mandy--what a stand of support! Keep it up and I'll pray for you all.

Ryan K said...

My prayers go out to your friend, it's heart breaking.

Mandy S said...

thanks y'all! :) i appreciate the support :)