Sunday, November 16, 2008

I've been blog tagged!!! (thanks, Jill!)

so, i've actually never heard of blog-tagging, but now i'm "it." i've been "tagged." so, from what i can tell, i need to tell y'all some interesting/unique/crazy/strange/whatever facts about me :)

minor challenge...not sure i've lived much of an "interesting life." BUT, here goes...!!!

1. I ran a marathon 5 yrs ago. the Rock 'N Roll Marathon in beautiful San Diego. figured i'd at least make it as fun as possible and go somewhere beautiful! and it was. i'd do it again in a heartbeat!

2. I was a swimmer from the time i was 2 until i graduated college. my dad is a swim coach and coached my team...not always fun having your dad as your coach. then i swam at the University of Arkansas. I was even team captain my senior year. (not because i was fast, though :)...just team spirited.

3. i was headed to the Phillipines a few years ago to see the child i sponsor through Compassion International on a mission trip, but didn't make it. i raised all the $$, worked hard for it, but must not have been in God's plan right then. the day i was to leave there was a coup in the Philliipines. some attempt to assassinate the president. so they were declared in a "state of emergency" and finally my dad talked me out of going. i was actually sitting in the airport, ready to go, crying on the phone, when i called my ride to come back and get me.

4. I have 2 aunts...my mom's sister and my dad's sister. Both share the same name, Aunt Lynda Kay, and Aunt Linda Kay.

5. I've never broken a bone :)

6. My sophomore year in college my friends from the swim team presented me w/a bumper from a car (they found it on the side of the road) for my birthday! you see, i had a history...i had backed into not just 1, or 2, but 3 parked cars in 3 months!! eek!! and then that summer i wrecked 2 cars in 2 days!...both within 2 blocks from my house! (the first car was mine and the 2nd car was my best friend's who had come down from University of Kansas to visit!!))) anyone want to go for a ride? :) i promise mt driving record has improved since then!

ok, now i tag Ryan K. and corey smith! and i'll tag cat and amanda since y'all haven't responded to Jill's tag :) come on girls :) we know you have something to share!

3 comments:

Jared & Jill Marley said...

I love it! Very interesting...and now I know I'm never riding with you again!:) Thanks for actually doing it! Come on Amanda and Cat--don't you have some time to waste and factoids to share?!

Mandy S said...

ha!! good thing you drove tonight!!! and you were gonna let ME drive?! :)

Ryan K said...

Thanks :) ha ha