Thursday, August 14, 2008

DMB in OKC

so, we went to see Dave Matthews yesterday in OKC. i like them, but Justin LOVES them! i'd call them his favorite band, but he has really been into the Eli Young Band for the last year or so. funny thing is, they aren't much alike, and the Eli Young Band opened for DMB in OKC!!! Eli Young is definitely up and coming, but they got their start on the Texas/Oklahoma "Red Dirt"ish music scene. you know, the one where Cross Canadian Ragweed got their start (yeah, i know most of you don't know them, but they are my FAVORITE!!!). so, my sweet, sweet husband got to see both of his favorite bands in one night! it was fun, but i'm pretty over the concert gig now. i mean, i'm short. and standing in a crowd for hours on end, staring at some guy's back, and watching the lights on the top of the stage isn't my idea of enjoying DMB. really, i could have done that in my car, while traveling somewhere cool and not staring at some guys back wishing my feet didn't ache so bad....
Maybe i'm just getting old!
it was fun, though, really. just kinda sucks when you're short.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Ha! Yeah, I think we are getting old...the last concert we went to, I was so thankful it was in arena with seats. It does suck being short. Miss you guys!