Friday, May 23, 2008

a sad, sad day

so, last week we had a sad, sad day in the Jordan family. you see, my grandfather owns a swim club (2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor, clubhouse, etc...) it's getting old...the section of town has gone downhill in the last few years, so, therefore, the membership at the pool has. however, my grandfather also started the City of Shreveport Swim Team years ago. now my dad is the head coach and has taken over for my grandfather. so the swim team still works out at the swim club and has meets there. anyway, each year the outdoor pools are drained, cleaned, painted and refilled before the summer season. so, my dad had just finished painting and started filling when Shreveport got 6 inches of rain in 2 hours one night. well, when a pool doesn't have enough water and the ground gets A LOT of water, the pressure of the water that's soaking in the ground forces the pool to "pop" up out of the ground... and that happened... yep, the pool popped out of the ground. a sad, sad day. my dad was sick. and he had to deliver the bad news to my grandfather. not a good feeling. i hate to see my daddy sad and devastated,...so sick (my mom said) to his stomach that he couldn't sleep and waited over 12 hours to break the news to his dad. you see, this is like the heart and soul of my family and now one of the pools is destroyed...it looks like it tilted out of the ground...awful.

1 comment:

Catherine Todd said...

I was on a swim team for much of my life, and it changed my life... for the better, for sure! So sorry to hear about the pool. It's like losing a loved one, isn't it? Hope your father and grandfather are doing alright. Thanks for posting; you brought back some very important memories for me.

Yours, Catherine Todd, ctodd1000@gmail.com