Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beckett - 1 year old!

*Note post is almost 1 month late...
So, I never really posted the 12 month update on Beckett, mainly because he was about 2 weeks late getting to the doctor for his shots (due to waiting on insurance to kick in w/my new job) and then when we did get to the doc he was sick.  This is how it went down...I got to day care to pick him up for his doc appointment and he was lying in the teachers arms, getting his temp taken and a little pale and fast asleep.  I can't explain how pitiful he looked.  Then they informed me that he had just thrown up quite a bit and fallen straight to sleep.  Poor boy!  So, good thing we had an appointment already, but as soon as I stepped my first step into the lobby of the doctor's office he began puking again...this time, all over me.  (thankfully I quickly backed out of the door and none got in the lobby.)  I have to say this is the first time a baby has thrown up on me that much...and it's not fun...especially in public.  And Ruby Belle was with me (she was really a good helper) and then we were at the doc's office for 2 hours...oh, I smelled terrible!  AND Poor Beckett was SICK!  He continued to throw up/dry heave off and on throughout the 2 hours.  BUT, it was just a really short-lived stomach virus.  After a shot at the doc's we made it home, he dry heaved once and then he slept it off!
So, anyway, here we are...
1 year stats
Wt: 23lbs 4oz (75th percentile)
Ht: 31 1/2in (85th percentile)
Head Cir: 18 3/4in
  • SUCH a happy baby! 
  • LOVES his sister, and loves fighting over toys w/her ;-)
  • LOVES baths and water (as long as it's not too cold)
  • likes to throw things in the tub and then out of the tub (this applies to almost anything, not just the tub)
  • LOVES life - laughs a lot
  • Takes over and destroys any room he's in and then moves on to the next!!  ha!  
  • mostly fussy when he's tired
  • transitioning into 1 nap/day (per day care)
  • only sleeping "good" or through the night 50% of the time??  still working on "sleep training!"  I don't know what happened to this with him!  it was fairly easy with Ruby Belle and done in less than 3 months...ha!  
  • eating 3 meals a day and 2 snacks.  only bottle is one before bed.  Also has a snack of baby cereal, greek yogurt and milk (mixed together) before bed - I promise he sleeps better with this in his belly! 
  • eating "real"/table food - likes are hit and miss, but always Cheerios...always.  sometimes - meatballs, noodles, spaghetti/lasagna, mixed veggies, cheez-its, beans, bread
  • still has a little blue to his eyes, but getting a little more hazel-ish
  • has 12 teeth and his 2 eye teeth are coming in!  a mouthful!!
  • wearing size 4 diapers
  • wearing size 12-18 month clothes
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this little boy!!!  He is so huggable, cuddly, crazy and destructive!  And definitely a momma's boy!  

Does this look like a 1 yr old?!  
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, BECKETT!!!  We can't wait for all the fun, loving, wild years to come!! 


1 comment:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

Ha! Happy birthday, Beckett! Love the pic of him in a cage. Wild man!