Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, sweet crazy man!!

Happy Happy Man with his first cupcake!!! 


I cannot believe he's 1!  
It's bittersweet because it's probably our last little one, but I did spend a good part of the last year waiting for this day!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE babies...they are so sweet and tiny.  AND helpless.  and draining...BUT SO SO rewarding, and fun and adorable and huggable and just little balls of joy!!  Don't get me wrong, I really love every minute of my kids.  But I can't help but LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (that was one extra LOVE) the age/stage between 9 months and 2 yrs).  It's just SO fun to start really seeing their personality and all the milestones!  Watching a baby learn to crawl is fun, but watching a baby learn to walk is SPECTACULAR (in my eyes)!  I LOVE IT.  And then learning to clap, wave, say "hi," and eventually learn more and more words and start forming sentences and expressing themselves!  NOTHING beats it!  (well, I kinda love the whole labor/delivery part too...it's quite possibly my favorite - really.)  Ok, I don't know...I love it all.  Every time I type a favorite, I think of one more that I may like more...or maybe I like another one more, or....the list goes on!!  My babies, any mothers babies, are such a delight, a blessing and a miracle.

We love you more than we can ever show you, little man!  You are such a joy to watch!  Such a joy to love!  I cannot get enough of you!!


2 comments:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

That just might be the best first birthday pic I've ever seen. Way to go little man! Mandy, you're so funny. This post gave me a smile. =)

Mandy S said...

AWWW! Thanks, Meryl!!