Friday, February 25, 2011

Total Package

I'm a little late with this post...we only have a little bit going on around here...see previous post. We had our "sneak peak" dr's appointment a little over a week ago and got to find out the sex of baby #2! Much sooner than my previous doctor let me find out (4 weeks earlier to be exact!) and as all you mommies who like to find out the sex, one of the most exciting pre-natal appointments you have. Except, of course, when you find out you're pregnant, you hear the first heartbeat, you see the baby is healthy, etc...who am I kidding?! it's all exciting!

it's a BOY...we'll now have the total package! (iPhone pic, but still you get the picture!)


What I always wanted! A girl and a boy! But really, although, I kinda hoped Ruby Belle would get to have the sister I never had, we're SO blessed to be having a healthy (so far) baby boy!!! We are a little nervous about a boy because we've gotten so used to our little girl and girlie things and pink things! Now Justin will get to do "boy things" while Ruby Belle and I have girl time, though! And we'll have a little more testosterone in the house...good for Justin, of course...the jury's still out on whether it's good for Ruby Belle, Maggie and I!

So, now that we know ... Let the naming begin!!! Of course, I started the naming LONG ago, but now we can narrow it down to boys and now Justin will participate! - he refuses until we know the sex...no fun! (not that he's been sitting around doing nothing lately. he IS off in New Orleans taking the last day of the Louisiana Bar Exam as I type and has been studying for the last 3-4 months! Prayers welcome!)
will keep you posted on names!!

3 comments:

Meryl & Russell McLendon said...

CONGRATS!! I'm so excited for y'all!

Stephanie Jordan said...

Was the title of your blog a play on words?

Mandy S said...

Thanks, Meryl!!! we're excited!!

yes, steph...but maybe you were the only one who got it?? or maybe i'm just entertaining in my own head!...it was also my facebook post.