Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I shed a tear...

AT WORK! IN FRONT OF MY STAFF!!!

yep, i did. i annouced today that i was leaving. moving to Shreveport. and it (well, i) was sad. (YES, I'M STILL HAPPY I'M MOVING!!!) BUT, really, it was hard. i love that place. and i love to hate that place. it's what's been keeping me here...it's one of the hardest things to leave. really, it's hard to leave my friends....and hardest to leave my best friend, Holli. but it's secondly hard to leave my job. i have worked at the same hospital for 8 years. i've kind of "grown up" there. i have "moms" who check in on me, "dads who pester me," and "kids who give me hell, but make me proud." i've come a long way professionally since they all met me, but because of them, i'm where i am. because of them i am who i am. and because of them, i love that place!

boy am i gonna be sad (and full of tears) when i leave!

2 comments:

Stephanie Jordan said...

There's no shame in crying! When I left The Times, I made it to my car, but not out of the parking lot, before I started bawling. It's hard to leave a job you love, even though you know there are greener pastures ahead.

Hang in there. My decision ended up being the right one, and I know yours will, too! Change isn't the easiest!

Mandy S said...

awww! thanks for the sweet words of encouragement!! Change is scary!!! :) but EXCITING!!