Tuesday, July 21, 2009

until recently...

i haven't been able to complain much about being pregnant. and still, i can't complain. i mean, i never really had the pukes, uncontrollable gas, or hemorrhoids. lucky me. granted i still have 10 more weeks, so anything is possible. but, i have had this weird "lip disease" as i call it. i've been to the dermatologist, she said it was an allergy...so that leaves me nowhere except to figure out one product at a time what i could possibly be allergic to. but my lips BURN!! and hurt! and peel! and are just weird (that's what i'm calling it so i don't gross anyone out) and my OB/GYN says "i think you should just stick to putting carmex or something like that on it." now, THAT'S some advice! (really? did he think i hadn't tried everything?!) anyway, it sucks. now i also have some serious back pain. it's really annoying. i think most side effects of pregnancy are this way...i suppose they are since you are pregnant for 9 months! so the back pain is just that. annoying. my doc thinks it's something pushing up against my kidneys. fun. especially nothing makes it go away except laying down. on a positive note, i'd rather have back pain than be on permanent bed rest...guess i'll count my blessings! :)

4 comments:

mary_marshall said...

I think I'm having some kind of allergic reaction too on my face. Because it isn't like regular breakouts, but it's red & bumpy & annoying. You're right - pregnancy symptoms are just annoying! They're totally a blessing, but that doesn't take the annoyance out of them. :-) Just hope you don't start having the sciatic leg pain in addition to the back ache. No fun! Hope you feel better soon!

Stephanie Jordan said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot. Hang in there, it's the home stretch!

Sarah said...

Eww back pain... thanks for reminding me! :) I bet you "lip disease" is an annoying combo of pregnancy/hormones/dry skin/lower humidity lately. Try lanolin - that stuff is a miracle worker and you will want it anyway once you start breastfeeding.

Mandy S said...

mary marshall - i'm SO sorry you have skin issues too!! they are a blessing...but a sucky one!! :) and sciatic leg pain...i'm really praying i don't get that one! i'm so sorry for you! you're on the home stretch though!! hang in there!!

sarah,
thanks for the tip!! i'll get some lanolin! ... this lip thing isn't fun! :) gotta love hormones! hope you're feeling good!