Sunday, April 27, 2008

in-laws and all

yep, that's where i spent my weekend! it was pretty fun...and different! you see, my family is SMALL!! well, really SMALL compared to my husband's. i have 2 aunts, but my husband, well, he has 15 aunts and uncles. so, does that say anything? well, it was his uncle's 75th birthday party this weekend, which meant a weekend in branson with much of the family. what fun was had! i have dreaded these gatherings in the past because i'm somewhat (ha!) introverted and to be around such large numbers of very talkative people is somewhat overwhelming! wears me out, to be exact! so, this was another BIG event! which means much mental preparation for me and much needed "mandy" time when i get back. BUT, you know what! i LOVED it!! had a great time! it's definitely a reminder about how silence is SO golden, but it's also a blessing to see such a great family come together (and get along) for a beautiful celebration! and believe it or not, even a bigger blessing, the Smith family is such a wonderful family of belivers that you can actually feel the love of God surround you! it's amazing! they all love the Lord and are all very excited and vocal about it which is very different than my family. we're just more, um, conservative, quiet, and subdued. LOVE my family, they are just different than my husbands! so, i'm very excited to be a part of such a wonderful, fun, and extensive family!!! i'm sure there will be SO many more stories to come!

No comments: