Monday, August 8, 2011

my first day with 2 kiddos

Beckett is a little over 2 weeks old now, and this past Friday was my first day with both kiddos by myself. Ruby Belle has been going to daycare during the week and I, of course, have had Justin here to help on the weekends. But today we had a doctor's appointment for both kids - Beckett for a 2 week check up and Ruby Belle for shots. BUT, thankfully enough we had this appointment scheduled in advance because Ruby Belle came down with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. (I really want to show pics, but I'm saving you all from that...I'd hate to be censored for showing pics of my babies booty! just trust me...it looked brutal!)

F.U.N.

She'd had a rash on her diaper area for a few days that I thought may be just some bug bites...but Thursday night I noticed that it had gotten worse while she was at day care, so I knew it wasn't bites. At this point, I just thought it was "just a rash" and would ask the doc about it at our appointment. Well, Friday morning it was worse and I noticed it on her hands and feet. Immediately, I "Googled" hand, foot and mouth and knew that it was the real deal. CRAP! A toddler at home w/a newborn...and how was I going to prevent her from passing this along to Beckett!??? EEK!! She had already violated every "precaution" I read about. She LOVES to kiss him!!

anyway, the doc confirmed the diagnosis and we all spent the weekend plus Monday inside trying to keep our hands clean and Ruby Belle's saliva away from Beckett.

Thankfully, (crossing my fingers and saying my prayers...) Beckett shows no signs of HFM yet. Praying.

I must say, though. I have always had an appreciation for SAHM's. NOW, that appreciation is even stronger! How does a sleep deprived mom ever function w/a newborn and a toddler at home...w/only a small hope of an afternoon nap?!?!?!?

No comments: