Monday, June 14, 2010

traumatic events

yes, apparently they happen. and you feel like a terrible parent when they do. here they are:


  1. Ruby Belle fell off the bed while i was watching her and ironing...a stroller she hit broke her fall and she was perfectly fine. still i felt like a terrible mom!

  2. I was watching her last Saturday morning and she was playing in the living room while I pumped. I cleared the floor except for toys and let her play only to look up and see her make a funny face and realize that she had soemthing in her mouth. so, i quickly jumped up and did the finger scoop and pulled out a DEAD SPIDER!! SO gross, it shocked me and i slung it down and let go of her and she fell back and hit her head on the wood floor. She was fine, but again, i felt like a bad parent!

  3. the VERY next day, Justin and I were getting ready for church, so we were all in the bathroom. justin in the shower, RB playing on the floor and me just getting ready. so, i walked in the closet, thought justin was watching her, and she quickly pulled my CHI down from the counter and burned her foot in 3 places!! this one was AWFULLY TERRIFYING! i felt SOO bad! SO bad. all day i was distraught. really, it was much more traumatic for me than her.

so, this is just the beginning i'm sure...of feeling like a bad parent! and trying to be a better one! i must say thanks to all my friends for all the "bad parent" moments they've shared w/me to make me feel not alone!! :)

No comments: