Tuesday, December 22, 2009

hi my name is mandy...

...and i have the "itis."

MASTITIS that is.

and it's NO fun.

i thought i was coming down w/the flu, so i guess i'm thankful it's not that and i'm not contagious, but it sucks. it feels like someone punched me in my boob, made a knot, and bruised it. oh, and the body aches/headache are like none i've ever felt before. then there's the 101 degree fever that makes you think you have the flu, until you look down and realize your boob is red, and possibly swollen on one side. fun, right?!

i thought the body aches were over after i recovered from pregnancy and labor, so this one hit me by surprise.

BUT, i LOVE her and am feeling mostly better just 36 hours after coming down w/the "itis."

isn't she cute?!?

2 comments:

mary_marshall said...

Um, SO CUTE! I really can't wait to meet her in person. We will figure out a time we can both be in Shreveport sometime before next summer. I'm so sorry to hear you have mastitis! I'm so scared i'm going to get it especially with all the pumping I'm doing. I never feel quite empty after a pumping, yet nothing else seems to come out. The things we do & go through for these babies! It's totally worth it though & I wouldn't change it a bit. :-) Kiss that baby for me!

Cat said...

Oooh, so not fun! I have heard it's awful. Hope you get to feeling better soon and that you never have to deal with that again! Oh, the things we mothers get to deal with. :)